Kioko kittens are registered with the Cat Federation of Southern Africa. They are raised on Hill’s Kitten and leave our home at earliest, 16 weeks of age (no exceptions), confident and playful, with a hamper full of goodies and their very own user guide. We will keep you informed during the adoption process with photos, videos and updates.
Each kitten is given individual attention to ensure that their temperaments are sound and that the kitten is able to adjust with ease in his new home. With this in mind, introducing a new kitten to your household should be a delicate process, carried out with as much patience, love and encouragement as possible. We would prefer if potential owners complete our kitten questionnaire below so that we can ensure we place the right kittens with the right home.
Please note that we rarely sell kittens for breeding purposes out of our circle, but will consider export to breeders who share our vision for the breeds. If you are wanting to purchase a Kioko Kitten for breeding purposes, please contact us for more information.
These breeds may take up to 8 weeks to settle into a household completely and adjust to their new environment (some are quicker to adjust than others) and our Kitten Handbook will give you valuable information to make the right choices for and care for your new baby. That being said, we are just a click away should you have any questions. We also provide a comprehensive adoption agreement with a guarantee, and we recommend that new owners sign up to Medi Pet or equivalent Pet Insurance Companies to cover the kitten for any accidents or illnesses.
A holding fee of 50% of the adoption fee is required to secure your kitten within one week of reservation (between 8 – 10 weeks of age). We apply a 10% discount to one kitten’s adoption fee should you adopt two at the same time. And all our previous owners will enjoy this discount (T&Cs may apply). Mentorship is provided to Kioko Kitten Slaves who wish to show their kittens.
If you intend to shop around, but have contacted us to be on our waiting list, please let us know so we can avoid double bookings with other breeders. We would be happy to refer you to our sister breeders should we not have kittens available. Please feel free to CONTACT US for a full breakdown of our adoption fees and info on how to make a booking and reserve your kitten.
Please note that we will not respond to one-liner emails, texts or messages that do not contain at least your name and some information about you and your household and we will not respond to messages that only ask for a price. EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE IS PREFERRED.
- WILLOW confirmation of pregnancy 13 October
- IVY confirmation of pregnancy 14 October
- GLOW confirmation of pregnancy 18 October
- YUUKO confirmation of pregnancy 21 October
- NORA is still on honeymoon with a very special mystery man
Kittens will be ready for firm reservation around 8 weeks old. Please note that kittens will only leave our homes at the earliest 16 weeks of age and once they have been vet-checked. Please contact us to be added to our waiting list.
- Your vet-checked, socialised Kioko Kitten.
- CFSA Registration and Transfer of Ownership form.
- Initial 3-in-1 Inoculation, Booster, Rabies and Bordatella Vaccine.
- Get Me Known Microchip with an official Microchip Certificate.
- Sterilisation Operation and Report.
- Hill's Kitten Starter Pack.
- Toys and Blanket/Carrier Quilt.
- Samples of suggested grooming products and calming remedies.
- On-going post-adoption support and advice.
- Comprehensive Adoption Agreement & Kitten Handbook.
- Referral to the Hill's Breeders Association for owners who are showing.
- Shipping to the main airports in South Africa with BidAir Pet Lounge or SAA Cargo. Transport to countries outside of South Africa varies in cost and arrangements will be made with an approved pet transport company. We recommend "Pets Wanna Travel".
- Airline approved carrier / crate - SMALL or MEDIUM.
- Any additional medical testing and permits required by the owner.
- Show Kit (Cosmic Pets Collapsible Large Show Cage, Show Quilt, Grooming Bag & Products, Pure Paws Shampoo Sample, Litter Tray and Showing Manual). Please contact us for more information.
- Please note that with exports to countries outside of South Africa, each kitten will be priced individually with rabies titres included.
From time to time we have available teenagers or retired breeding cats that need loving homes. These cats are perfect for households that would prefer not to have a busy, hectic kitten and are looking for an Oriental, Peterbald or Siamese to love and care for into his/her old age. An adoption fee will apply to carry out a final vet checks, inoculation and sterilisation, and they will be sold with an Adoption Agreement. We are very careful about where these cats are homed as they are adults with particular needs. We do not want them to end up in welfare under any circumstances!
We feed and recommend Hill’s Ideal Balance & Hill’s Science Diet and are members of the Hill’s Breeder’s Association.
I just can’t explain the love I get from my cat – he is pure affection and joy. He is a part of our family, with a personality like no other! He has been super healthy since he was a baby and he blesses our lives every day. Plus, he is just gorgeous – our skinny supermodel Stig.Nicole Capper
Just want to let you know how much joy Wara brings us. He is an absolute darling, so sweet and gentle and shares so nicely between Jax, myself and her friend Kevin – the dog. He meets any newcomer without a problem. Sticks his arm on them and proceeds to love them. Such an easy going kitty.
I purchased a teenage Siamese from Kioko cattery in 2016. I was very impressed with the comprehensive and informative website. Contacting Nicole was met with quick responses, and it soon became clear that I was dealing with a professional and dedicated breeder. I was blessed with a lovely young cat, who is well adapted, healthy, balanced and happy. I was so satisfied with the experience, that I elected to buy another kitten from Nicole, and had an opportunity to meet her at a cat show in Pretoria in 2017. I am soon to be a mommy to a Peterbald, and simply cannot wait! I am happy to recommend Kioko Cattery to anyone who wishes to purchase a feline baby of their own.Jenny Pieters
I just want to say thank you so much for my beautiful for my beautiful boy Kitsune who I collected on 22 December 2016 at 18 weeks old. I was so very impressed with how Nicole looks after her mommies, daddies and babies. The Cattery was so clean and all the cats were so beautiful, I wanted to take them all home with me! I would recommend Nicole from Kioko Cattery to anyone who wants a beautiful healthy and confident kitten, the best decision I have ever made!Bracha Smith
I would just like to thank you Nicole for the professional way in which you dealt with me as a client of Kioko. When I chose my little Natsuo, you were so helpful in keeping me updated from week to week with beautiful photos and his progress. It was a long wait but very well worth it. My Nate has turned out to be a lovely natured cat and for that I thank you. All in all I will definitely be getting my next Oriental or Peterbald from you later this year. Please keep me updated and thank you so much for my beautiful fur child. You rock!Kathy Watson